Dental Emergencies - Falls Church, VA
A dental emergency can strike anyone at any time, and it’s essential to tend to the issue immediately to avoid further damage and relieve pain. We are here to help! Our dental practice is conveniently located to care for any kind of emergency dental issue in the Falls Church area.
What Kind of Emergency Services Do You Offer?
We treat all kinds of dental emergencies at American Family Dental Care. Some of the common injuries that require emergency treatment include:
- Knocked out teeth
- Food or object stuck in teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Lost crowns
- Broken bridgework
- Irritation from braces
- Sudden toothaches
- And more!
As you can tell, there are a number of instances in which it is imperative to see a dentist quickly. If it involves repairing your smile, chances are we can help you out! We always prioritize dental emergencies at our Falls Church office, and will make sure you are seen by one of our skilled dentists in a timely fashion.
How Do I Deal With A Dental Emergency?
Here, we’ll walk you through the process of dealing with a knocked out tooth, one of the most common reasons for emergency dental treatment. That way, you’ll have an idea of how our team at American Family Dental Care handles emergency situations and the importance of coming in to see us as soon as possible:
- Call our office: Time is of the essence when a tooth has been detached from the mouth, and for your best chance at keeping your knocked-out tooth, it should be reattached within an hour. That’s why the first thing you should do is call our office to try and see a dentist immediately.
- Rinse tooth, avoiding root: Rinse the tooth under warm water. It is imperative that you do not touch the tooth root.
- Place in socket or cheek pouch: If it is possible, replace the tooth back in its socket. If not, you should tuck it into your cheek pouch. If neither of these preservation methods are possible, place the tooth in milk, saliva, or water. The goal here is to stop the tooth from drying out.
- Arrive at our office: Now, you should get to our office quickly and safely, and let the experts take over. We will try to reattach the tooth to its natural socket, which in some cases is achieved through root canal therapy.
While a knocked out tooth represents just a fraction of dental emergencies, we hope to emphasize the importance of coming to see us as soon as possible after the incident occurs. Calling our staff immediately also gives our knowledgeable team a moment to guide you on how to care for the emergency before you reach our office.
Contact Our Falls Church Emergency Dentist
If you have a dental emergency, be sure to call our practice as soon as possible. Dental emergencies can occur quickly and without warning, but no matter the circumstances, our skilled dental practitioners are here to make your comfort and health a top priority. We value the importance of effective and rapid treatment, so you can get back to enjoying your life, pain-free. Our Falls Church practice is open for emergency treatment and regular dental consultations daily – call us to schedule an appointment at (703) 533-7285.